Thursday, August 16, 2007

Today's Links

Anna passed these along to me the other day, some good info in there.

This one is about the junk is household cleaning chemicals, no news there, but good to see that it is on something as visible as AOL.

This one talks a little about some of the green cleaning product companies and how they are making things happen without harmful chemicals. Probably the most important bit in there is just how, as we all find out, there are many levels to green and some of these companies really don't live up to what my expectations for that would be. Is it really a green product when they still have the same chemicals in smaller amounts?

And finally, This article is pretty cool. It describes the top ten, or should I say, THEIR top ten new environmental technologies. There are some pretty neat things in there, most of them are really, to me at least, not what I would call advances. Like #8, you mean planting things can actually make the planet cleaner and nicer?? What a discovery. and #9 is. quite literally, just sweeping the bad stuff under the rug. I wonder why the energy companies like that idea so much? Could be that they wouldn't have to change anything and just keep collecting truckloads of cash. And #3 with Hydrogen energy cells. That one isn't new, but it is about 30 years away, just another one that the oil and energy companies LOVE to try and slip in as a "solution." Anyway, I make this article sound horrible don't I? It isn't all bad. I love the ideas they have about harnessing the power of the ocean. If we are able to convert just 1% of that energy to electricity, we would have enough to power everything human made on the planet and have plenty to spare. That is DEFINITELY an area to pursue and would probably be #1 on my list. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

 
Environment Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory