Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SEE Expo

As promised I'll update you all a little on how things went at the SEE Expo out near Asheville this past weekend. We have had a few days to digest everything we saw and while it was a small show, there was plenty there to see. Most of what was there was more to do with energy efficiency and alternate energy sources (as expected) but there were plenty of good leads on products that would fit with Green Home Headquarters' vision. There was one true star there in my opinion, and that was the good people at Earthpaint (www.earthpaint.net). The products looked great, all raw materials were sourced within 800 miles, they are currently using wind energy offsets and they are a local (Asheville based) company. I hope to get some samples soon so I can try some things out and I will be sure to pass along anything that I observe. They will be coming to Raleigh in September for the southern ideal home show and I can't wait to go and see them again. If you have a chance please give their webpage a look and if you have any needs for paint in the next few months (at least until Green Home HQ opens!) I hope you'll at least give them a thought before you go and get the nasty toxic stuff at the local homecenter.

No comments:

 
Environment Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory