Friday, October 12, 2007

Carbon Footpring Labeling

According to this, they are soon going to begin labeling food with a carbon footprint in the UK. This is pretty cool and I wish all products had to have it (not just food). I am talking toys, clothes, tools. Anything to get people to think about the hidden costs of the things they buy. I'm not holding my breathe for something like this to happen in the US, but I like it.. I shudder to think what some of the things would say.

An unrelated story, but I heard yesterday that one of the founders of my company is "so frugal" that he figured out that if he bought t-shirts and socks in bulk and just wore them once and threw them away, it would be cheaper than washing them over and over. My first question was, what detergent were you using??? I find it hard to believe that it is actually cheaper anyway, but what a monumental waste. To buy a cotton shirt, wear it once and throw it away... that honestly makes me sick.

No comments:

 
Environment Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory